All of the ingredients we use at PlantStation Pasta Co are gluten-free and most are also organic. We source the best ingredients we could find and are always searching for ingredients that will improve the quality and nutritional value of our pasta.
Lupin flour is the main flour in our pasta. The lupin flour we use comes from Australian sweet lupin beans (Lupinus angustifolius). It is certified gluten-free by Coeliac Australia, is non-GMO and sustainably grown. Lupin flour is high in protein and fiber and low in carbs. Additional benefits include - easily digestible, low glycemic index, high in magnesium, iron, potassium and calcium.
Tapioca starch, Potato starch & Pea protein are included to help give the pasta more structure and add protein.
Konjac root (Glucomannan)
Konjac is a root vegetable that grown mainly in parts of Asia. It has a high soluble fiber content that acts as a natural prebiotic. It's known to improve gut health. It is used in pasta as a thickening agent that helps to prevent the pasta from breaking.
While it is not a plant in itself it is typically fermented from sugar in plants like corn. Xanthan gum is also a thickening agent, emulsifier and stabilizer that is used to help the flours in the pasta gell or hold together. Xanthan gum is used in many gluten-free products including baked goods.
- Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a rhizome that contains curcumin which is a powerful anti-inflammatory. Turmeric has many benefits but it is best known for its support of joint health. Combining black pepper with turmeric helps the body absorb its nutrients.
- Ashwaganha (Withania somnifera) root has been used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine to help alleviate stress, anxiety and fatigue. It is believed to be an adaptogen which helps the body adapt to stress, increase energy levels and improve concentration. It is considered generally safe but not recommended in large quantities for pregnant or nursing woman.
- Lemon balm (Melissa officinalis) is a calming herb. It's thought to help reduce stress and anxiety and ease the pain and discomfort associated with indigestion.
- Tulsi/Holy Basil (Holy Basil) has a wide range of health supporting properties. It is an aromatic herb that has also been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. Like ashwagandha it is considered an adaptogen - it helps the body adapt to stress.
- Chamomile (Matricaria recutita) is a medicinal herb that is said to aid in sleep, balance an upset stomach, and calm the nerves. Chamomile benefits are well documented.
- Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) is a medicinal mushroom known for being a powerful immune system booster and for increasing strength and stamina.
- Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) is also known for boosting the immune system. Other uses of chaga is for reducing inflammation.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.