IS PLANTSTATION PASTA GLUTEN-FREE?
PlantStation Pasta is produced in a gluten-free facility. All ingredients are sources as gluten-free. Once we are fully operational we will randomly test the finished pasta for gluten. We also plan to get a GFCO certification in the near future.
HOW DO I COOK PLANTSTATION PASTA?
A few tips for cooking PlantStation pasta:
- Use plenty of water. Gluten-free pasta absorbs a lot of water. We recommend 1-2 quarts of water for each ounce of pasta you are cooking. If using the entire 8 oz bag, use a 10 quart pot or larger or separate the pasta into two pots.
- Once the pasta is in the pot, reduce the heat to low/medium right away to avoid boiling over.
- PlantStation pasta usually takes from 5-7 minutes to cook. The cooking time is on the back of each package.
- The water will foam as the pasta cooks. This is normal for pastas containing a lot of starch. The starch molaclules absorb so much water that they then burst creating the foam. Some folks like to rinse the foam off the pasta after it's cooked. It's not necessary but it's up to your preferences.
- We recommend using a spider or perforated spoon to remove the cooked pasta from the water instead of dumping it into a collander. It will help to prevent breakage.
- Use in your favorite recipe and enjoy!
WHERE CAN I BUY PLANTSTATION PASTA?
For now, we are only selling at select venues in Pennsylvania. We hope to start selling online by mid-year.
Lupin is a mild, slightly nutty tasting legume that is uniquely high in protein and fiber and low in carbs. It is also naturally gluten-free. That makes it a perfect flour for gluten-free pasta! Lupin also contains minimal starch and therefor has a low Glycemic Index (GI).
Lupin is part of the same family of legumes as peanuts, garbanzo and soya. Please avoid if you have an allergy to these legumes. Some people who are allergic to peanuts may also react to lupin. If you think you may be allergic to lupin, you should consult with your doctor or medical provider before consuming.
WHY ADD BOTANICAL INGREDIENTS TO THE PASTA?
By incorporating herbs, spices and adaptogens into our pasta we make it easier for you to be more proactive with your health. The botanicals we use in our pasta are carefully researched.
The herbal ingredients we chose for our pasta are generally recognized as relatively safe and effective herbs. However, if you are pregnant or nursing ashwagandha is not recommended. Please consult with your medical provider if you are pregnant or nursing or have any medical conditions that may be adversely effected by the herbs.